Re: Heortling Mills

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:45:21 -0000

[Nick Brooke on Bostrop Mill.]
> Although it isn't a windmill, the Bostrop Mill near Greydog lands
> was built using Mostali secrets. Its miller apparently spent time
> in the distant dwarf realm of Slon.

I don't think you need to go that far to find the secrets of mills. If memory serves, the Mostali were part of the Theyalan World Council of Friends. They gave some secrets away (the early Openhandist movement) and this led to the current dwarf paranoia regarding technological lore. I've always wondered what secrets (other than crossbows) the dwarfs regreted losing; mill technology would be an appropriate one for the Heortlings to have appropriated...

Roland