Pics

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:45:17 -0500

One of the main uses of illustrations is for the narrator to show them to players to give them an idea of what the world and people around them look like.

For this to work, they have to be if not realistic, at least believable.

When my wife (a long-time Gloranthan gamer) saw the picture of Kallyr Starbrow, TR page 92, her comment was that no-one could walk in tight scale-mail leggings like that.

As for mail bikinis, her usual immediate reaction is: 'ouch!'. They would be atrociously uncomfortable to wear, even with decent linings. I heard the same from women who wore samples of chain bikinis from a dealer at Gencon.

For similar reasons, her centaur characters always wear bras. Can you imagine how much your boobs would bounce around at a gallop?

Andrew