Playtesting Re: Pics

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:09:19 -0000

They are more complex than they ought to be. I have spent a considerable amout of time at conventions demoing Hero Wars and I find that many of the younger players are either drawn into D&D and the Living *&^$ City or the various White Wolf games. The first because 'everyone knows how to play D&D' and the second because 'its cool'

In the case of White Wolf, lets say that the rules are dead simple and the charcter generation IS very, very easy. HW, as it currently stands, is a bit too complex and requires someone to talk/walk the new players through it. Its unfortunate but that is my experience in the field.

Jeff