(no subject)

From: Svechin_at_...
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 01:04:19 EST

Hello all

After a long spell off running Imperial terror troops (the PargAddi campaign), we returned to the Gwandor saga at a particularly important moment in Sartars history. The last few sessions have seen the players take part directly in the Dragon Rise, the Battles of Dangerford and Old Top as well as the balkanisation of Sartar, the death of Kallyr and the fall of Broyan. The saga, written up by Wesley is on his Glorantha site in the usual spot.

To follow will be the write ups of all the events, a map of the sacred ground of the ceremony of the Reaching Moon Temple, the orders of battle for the Sartari and Imperial forces at Dangerford and Old Top and other odds and ends. It will take a couple of weeks for the material to filter through but keep an eye out on the "Whats new" section and you'll see it soon enough.

IMPERIAL PBEM As a link in with the Gwandor saga and my Imperial game, I wanted to canvas the digest for interest in a PBEM where the players play major powers and factions within the Empire on a strategic level. The players would play a power which would be seeking advantage after the Empires disintegration in the late 1620s. I'm going to have a large B&W version of the Imperial map printed (4 times the current 22" by 27" map) to play this out on. I'll use a Dragon Pass style counter system with weekly or monthly turns. Players would be Satraps or regional rulers and would recieve reports from their territory every month and would do things depending on their desires and resources. The idea is to create a simulation of the HW within the Empire. Roleplaying and diplomacy would be encouraged, but I would be final arbiter of what was possible.

Naturally, this would be rather a lot of work for me and take a looong time to finish, but for those interested in making history and aren't worried about regular play, then write to me at my email address and put the subject line as "Imperial PBEM"

Martin Laurie