Re: Windmills

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:54:05 -0000

[Ian Cooper comments on Bryan Thexton's insight.]
> > Aha, then it is clear, the windmill should be run by a
> > Harst cultist!
> Yes. Harst should definitely be one of the key figures in running
> the clan windmill. Harst may be the closest thing to a 'miller'.
Granted that there should still be a myth along the lines of "Hiorl harnesses the wind," I think you're right.

> I still see Thunderous associated with the sails, and
> Orstan the building, and yes now Harst the administration.
Since Harst has little control over the winds, you will definitely need Ohorlanth worshippers to help, I'd think, if only from time to time.

Interestingly, this would probably be one of the times when a Harst Allfather cultist is more necessary than an Issarion Harst, what with the wind connection.

Roland

P.S.: I'm removing the file I posted to the list. I found that the author seems to have converted it into .html fromat from the .rtf format I discovered it in months ago. He put in a few more bells and whistles, but it is mostly unchanged from the original, up to and including (*sigh*) the grammatical inconsistencies... http://www.angelfire.com/journal/millrestoration/millstones.html