Re: Beauty vs. Beasts (was"Not about pics")

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 00:34:18 -0000

> (Great story, BTW).

Wonderful story (and analysis). But where is it from? Not the Iliad, as far as I can tell: like Nick says, it stops before Troy falls. Not the Odyssey. Not the Aeneid, either, on a hasty skim through: Aeneas has an encounter with Helen and considers killing her, but is stopped by a goddess telling him to stop wasting time and try rescuing his relatives instead.

Oh, and Agamemnon isn't her ex-husband: that's Menelaus. (Him of the red hair, and the loud war-cry).

So.. where did you find this marvellous story? I wanna read more...