Re: Rainbow Mounds

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:56:35 -0000

> But on the shape-change thing, scenario he say:
> "Those unfortunates transformed by either the Great Newt spirit or
the
> ghosts of the Old One will still remain trapped in these forms.
> Undoing these powerful, god-inspired transformations will require
> exotic, powerful magic or heroquesting. Either of these options is
> left to the Narrator to determine. "

When I ran Rainbow Mounds I combined it with The Food Thief, that Lunar bird replaced Whiteye, and the Mouse God (Felan Boulter?) replaced mother Lizard. Therefore, the ghosts were mouse ghosts (ahem... still hadn't sorted out the animist/theist thing back then... maybe boulter was a Great Spirit in my campaign?). Apart from various magical defences, Strong Will, etc. the PCs had a horrendous time (I WAS going to make a tidy profit for my Serdrodosan, selling Spirit Combat lessons for the next encounter, but now I don't believe a theist could, or should, learn that...), and one got posesses. An Odaylan transforming into a mouse... her Alynx follower wasn't happy...

Anyway, we solved it by an Isarian using his Communication Affinity to bargain with Boulter to turn her back. You could do the same, if you allow the Rock Lizard Mother a bit more than lizard intelligence.

Wulf