Re: Heroquest opponents

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:45:28 -0000

> What happens if you're re-enacting the little known "Orlanth steals
underwear
> from Mostal" myth? The Orlanthi may have powerful myths of this
event but to
> the dwarfs this is just a story used as an analogy in training new
dwarfs for
> the underwear protection detail. They would never think of
performing a
> theistic heroquest so who provides the opposition?

If they have the story, sometime in some age, IMO, a Mostali performed the quest. This is an absurd demonstration, but I suppose it could work. If you know the story, someone enacted it _before_. Probably, if the mostali was an ancient one, he was much more powerful than the average today, but that's a case of taste (bloodtaste).
Don't forget, moreover, that animistic and sorcery questers can go to the heroplane and probably they do it. It's a common ground.

Ciao,
Gian