Connectedness of myths and heroes

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:04:42 +0200

Mike Dawson:

> This book grabs greek myth and squeezes, then lays it out on a table and
> dissects it so that you can see every connection. Greek myth is revealed
> as a monolith where every story has grown out of another, and every character
> is related to every other character somehow.

This is an aspect which is interesting to explore a bit further. The genealogies of greek heroes are quite hairy in their interconnectedness and all of them end up with the gods. Where do we find something like this in Glorantha? We have plenty of great myths of the deities, but semi-divine heroes like the greek ones are less common it seems.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?