Re: slave exports

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:00:39 +1000

Gareth:

> Is there an equivalent operation a toive in Sartar? Could the Dundealo or
> others have gone this way?

Yip, and it cuts both ways. Many of the Dundealos were enslaved in 1618. Previously, in 1607, the Telmori sold the uneaten remnants of the pro-Lunar Maboder into slavery, presumably to dealers from the Empire. Ain't the Goddess grand? The Firebull Rebellion among the Sambari may also have generated slaves.

Any Orlanthi rebel faces crucifixion or slavery if caught. I imagine rebel slavetaking is more of a cottage industry though. :)

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes
"'Sir, I hear quacking,' he said suddenly.
"'Quacking?'
"'Quacking, sir.'
"Light poured from the display in all colors of the spectrum: an
 entire task force of bogies somewhere in the vicinity of Beacon Street.  They looked at first like garden-variety Scum, Suck, or Shun-class  light cruisers, but as the bars shrank and pulsed, the truth became  clear: the enemy had dispatched part of Fleet 107 of Mallard light  waddlers in our direction.