Re: Mahome

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:23:05 +1200

At 09:55 27/03/01 +0300, you wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> > I've never seen much sign of Mahome being an major deity before.
> > Everything I saw had her as a mere lowfire to such an extent that
> > even Waha worshippers had her magics (and Waha is even less of
> > a fire god).

>At least to me there still is a difference of having Mahome be a part of
>the family of local gods, and Ernalda (or Waha!) actually being Mahome.

Where does it say Ernalda is actually being Mahome? What Thunder Rebels states is:

         A subcult worships a god, hero, or part of a god within the
         context of a larger cult.
                                 TR 67.

Given that several subcults are shared, it looks to me like Ernalda and Mahome are separate entities.

> > I don't see what the problem is. Ernalda also shares Skovara
> > with Donandar while Orlanth shares Harst with Issaries,
> > Mastakos with Magasta, Drogarsi with Donandar, Nisikis with
> > Yinkin and so forth.

>But Niskis is not Yinkin, nor is Harst Orlanth.

I don't see how you can maintain that Harst is not Orlanth on the basis of TR p233 yet state that Mahome is Ernalda on the basis of TR p189.

--Peter Metcalfe