Re: Re: Mahome

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:52:04 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Thom Baguley wrote:

> > From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
> >Am I somehow taking the TR writeup too literally?
> >
> > -Adept
>
> Maybe. A god-learner might distinguish between functional subcults and true
> subcults. Functional ones like Mastakos and Mahome are different deities
> that are commonly worshipped via a great deity (who acquired or allied
> those powers) and true ones are masks or facets of that great deity
> (Ohorlanth, Desemborth etc.). There are also some in-betweeny ones (Destor
> etc.) that are like big hero cults (minor gods and heroes who worshipped
> the great deity).
>
> In practice the god-learner distinction is near-useless.

I'll allow people to worship Mahome as a handmaiden / servant of Ernalda, and thus also worship Mahomes mistress.

Mahome has obviously been adopted into the stormtribe like many others. Isn't Mahome one aspect of the fire Eurmal stole for the mortals, anyway. So there's already a Heortling myth to explain it too.

        -Adept