Re: Berserk Kinslaying

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:58:01 -0000

Kinslaying is Kinslaying. I leave mitigating circumstances to lawspeakers, but my kin is dead. Fines will not bring him back. Attonement must be done.

> New Orlanthi stead campaign with a Humakti and Uroxi in the party,
so need
> some clarification before they start butchering people!

Humakti aren't _precisely_ a part of the clan -- having some dispensation where killing and death is concerned. Getting compensation from an Uroxi is problematical at best. However, I think that the legal position and nicities of these two cults will be covered in the upcoming (please oh please!) Storm Tribe.

Of course, if it happens too often, the chief may outlaw them from the clan. Or, worse, the aggrevied clansmen can just gather round your stead at 2 am and set fire to it... (Hey, it worked in Njall's Saga)

Hope this helps,

Jeff