Re: World changing heroquests

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:35:56 -0500

My thought on world-altering heroquests: Is this not *exactly* what the God Learners got in trouble for? They eventually threatened the stability of the Cosmos, and were eliminated to preserve it. Arachne Solara bound the stuff of Chaos into the world through her child Time, in the act of devouring the Devil.

Perhaps in saving Thed, Ernalda or Vinga or Chalana or Voria is lost, and takes Thed's place in the Unholy Trio. What effect would that have on the nature of the Cosmos? What would the Lightbringers' Quest become if Orlanth enters the Underworld only to find a Chaotic Ernalda awaiting him, or if Chalana, his companion, turns out to be Chaotic and chooses to heal the Devil rather than aid in its destruction?

To stop the Rape of Thed is to change the Birth of Wakboth into something unknown, and maybe unknowable, thereby bringing about the end of the world. Tea with the Gift Carriers, anyone? Mind you, I am likely expressing only the traditionalist view of Orlanthi... and they do not take losing well. :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and