Re: architecture

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:35:06 -0000

> The Dara Happans certainly do, so the Lunars have a good source of
inspiration
> and technique. Based on the time Tatius takes to build his Reaching
Moon Temple
> (I'm pretty sure the ceremony when it was destroyed was not the
last step in its
> construction), the Reaching Moon Temples are probably pretty big
(they clear
> quite an area in Nochet (?) for another one). Whether they are
ziggurats or
> something else, I don't have a very clear idea. A counter argument
might be that
> sacred building in Glorantha takes a long time becasue materials
need to be
> blessed, placed on specific days, require special rituals and
supplies. A
> contractor's error in the RW can delay building by weeks and
months; in
> Glorantha, a delay could put the whole thing off for a season or a
year.

> Peter Larsen

I always imagined the TempleOTRM as an Hindu Temple (pagodas, statues, domes) but maybe I have been strayed by the picture of Yara Aranis resembling Kali.
Althought (sp?) I rem a brief excursus on Dara Happan architecture by nonetheless than Jaxarte in Sun County. And the pictures there where something like a croos-breed between a moschea (sp?) and a classical temple. Boh? I suppose even Ziggurat can go, but I think that they are more Dara Happan than Lunar...
Yes, I prefer the Hindu model for ToTRM. But I am not very Lunar-o centric, even if I look forward to get my hands on the Imperial Handbook!!!

Gian

PS I noticed that Ramses in Jacq's book is very HeroWars style: he builds temples to extend his magic power, he perform theistic ceremonies, reenacting the past, he fights monotheists and animists etc. Could we claim a royalty from Jacq? Then the Lunar Book would be printed on vellum and not on paper (=duck). I hate paper. I chomp paper...