Re: Just a thought

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:19:34 -0000

*All* post-menopausal women? Given that menopause generally occurs earlier in most societies than it does in modern westernized countries, this means that:

  1. There aren't any ancient, wise, _really_ experienced ernalda worshippers. No saintly old Ernalda healers, no grandmotherly ernalda allmother cultists, no elderly and terrifying ernalda the queen devotees, etc.
  2. Probably most people will have their mother leave Ernalda allmother for something much less comforting before they themselves are adults. In some cases this will happen when they are little more than babies. So, in this case, who do you really bond with as mother? Your biological mother, or the aunt or sister-in-law who still follows ernalda all mother and somehow always knows just exactly how to comfort you?

Are you sure that isn't supposed to be something like "After menopause all women begin to feel the call of TKT and Asrelia and eventually switch to worshipping the earth through their twin cults."?????

_Please_ don't tell me that I have to take account of "when did your mom lose the magic that held the family together?" in my character backgrounds.

--Bryan
PS. Sorry if this sounds a little over-wrought. I just see this as actually being fairly huge, culturally.