Re: Just a thought

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:05:12 -0000

Assuming, of course, Peace clans have humakti -- one called to Humakti in such a boring clan might sever their ties (as one does when iniitated) and then just never re-sheath to join the clan again.

I think Peace clans might be a major source of those Humakti huscarls and mercenaries we keep hearing about.

> > Presumably the Humakti wouldn't literally stand at the urnfield
> > entrance *all the time*. Only on holy days, or when funerals are
> > being conducted?
>
> Yes, unless they are bonkers. Perhaps the Humakti plants a 'sword'
> (actually a crucifix) in the causeway to represent Humakt when he is
> personally absent.

Oh joy! Still more reasons for Humakti to be insane. Did we need MORE? =) But I do like it -- it might be one of the duties a clan's humakti might take up, espeically if they are too wounded or battered to take patrol or raiding. Raiding and war are the most likely ways to worship Humakt but I'm glad to see folks pointing out other ways.

(Speed Bump Stead is about to look wierder thanks to you folks, I fear)

Jeff