Re: World changing heroquests

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:22:26 -0000

[Michael Schwartz objects to my use of the word 'rant' to describe his rant regarding God Learnerism.]
> Hardly a rant, merely an exercise in thought. I rather imagine that
> the Gift Carriers appear whenever *any* action threatens the Cosmic
> Order, whether for good or for ill. The nature of the Cosmos is to
> perpetuate itself, so eliminating events crucial to its
> foundation... even those as horrific and anti-life as the Rape of
> Thed... would summon the cosmic immune system (the Gift Carriers)
> to do battle with the offending parties.
I rather think the Gift Carriers, in whatever form Gloranthan historians may believe they appeared in, are done with. I prefer the idea that the 'cosmic immune system' (nice turn of phrase there) operates differently every time it 'acts'. Keeps those same historians on their toes, no?

> I believe that this may, in no small part, be a factor in tbe
> disapperance of the Red Emperor which occurs in the not-too-distant
> future.

Another good idea.

The real trick is, IMHO, to allow and encourage creativity and innovation in myth ('There's always another way') yet still enforce terrible vengeance on those who stray over the line.

Roland