Re: Kraloreli Terrestrial and Heavenly Beuraucracy

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:52:26 +1200

Russel Hoyle:

>Starting with the Dragons and Gods.

>I read with interest that the Dragons made the gods of Kralorela to teach
>the people how to live.

>Does everyone worship gods?

No.

>Or is it just peasants?

Ordinary people. Deciding to follow the Draconic Path is to undertake a great social responsibility.

>By sacrifice?

Not all of them. Some ordinary Kralori are animists, others are sorcerous and a few are mystics.

>It seems
>from reading the section on Religion in Kralorela (GIttHW boxed text p188 -
>192) and some worship dragons (? veneration or is it mysticism?). How is
>this regulated? I find it all very confusing...

Why should it be regulated?

>Does everyone worship the Emperor?

Yes. The Imperial Adorations mentioned on the Glorantha: Intro p183.

>Directly by sacrifice?

No. The Emperor is a Dragon, not a God.

>Are some of the Dragons (eg Vayobi, the Dragon of War) worshipped by
>sacrifice?

No.

>I really don't get the 'dragons' bit (page 183, para 5 GIttHW):
>"The exarch is responsible for constituting a portion of his constituents'
>Imperial Adorations into dragon"

An "a" should be before dragon. He turns some of the worship that the Kralori give to their emperor into a dragon.

>Is this some sort of veneration?

No in the sense of the HW terminology.

>This [Constituted] 'dragon' referred to, is it a bit like a big (Kraloreli
>style) 'wyter' or is it referring in actuality to the Exarch himself?

It's a Kralori-style wyter (although much bigger than Orlanthi ones). Exarchs are dragons in their own right.

>The circle of Infinite Power places these Constituted dragons into the
>Imperial Dragon.

>Is the Imperial Dragon the actual Emperor,

Yes.

>Does this mean that annually the Exarches are weakened?

No.

>Is this to prevent them hoarding power (like that
>fellow who rules Ignorance) and feudin'?

It's to prevent them arguing with each other about who does what.

--Peter Metcalfe