Re: Re: Heroes and Gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:46:55 +1200

Gian Gero:

>The Gloranthan theists seem to me more "christian" or "ebrew"
>or "islamic" than Gloranthan Malkioni do.
>Why?
>Because they admit an action starting from their god.

God intervenes in the lives of the Malkioni too. The most dramatic example of this was at the end of the Imperial Age, when He delivered the God Learners over to their enemies.

>I have a definite feeling that Malkioni are kin to Aristoteles or
>Plato and not to any RW religion (apart, maybe, Buddhism).

Although their religion does make heavy use of philosophical concepts, so too did many Muslims and Christians (Ibn Rushd, Saint Augustine, Thomas Aquinas etc).

>*If* I am right, then why do they need a Church?

To keep the faithful in line with God's will like the various nobles and soldiers keep the citizens in line with the King's will.

--Peter Metcalfe