RE: Conversion

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 14:29:44 +0100

Much has been made of hostility to the Lunars for their converting zeal. However, I have some difficulty visualising how this happens in an environment in which god-talkers and others fairly routinely manifest representations of their deity. Seeing as there is no doubt here, the gambit about which is the "true" god does not seem relevant, so what kind of argument do the 7 Mothers advance?

Or is it more a case of mystic bribery, more or less - we can teach you feat/secret XXX or YYY if only you will do ZZZ? Or perhaps less mystic and more material bribery or threat?