Re: Community worship

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 20:09:04 -0500

Greg Stafford says:

>>Could she participate in community worship, though, since her
>The "community" adjective here actually confuses the issue since this
>implies the wyter itself being worshipped, to me. But as an initiate she
>could be in any of the rites where Ernalda has a part.

        Bad wording, then. I had no intention of suggesting wyter worship. I was thinking of the broader rituals that mix cult activites -- the Orlanth and Ernalda rituals, as it were.

>>Worship [Storm Tribe] includes Orlanth, and the Tarshite's does not?
>Sure she could.She is doing the Ernalda worship, with whatever attachments
>it may have locally.
>>Could
>>she start a new skill Worship [Storm Tribe - Tarsh]?
>Why bother? It's essentially the same.

        So what is the difference between, say, Initiate [Ernalda] and Worship [Storm Tribe]? I assume our Sartarite Ernaldan could call on Orlanth's aid in Saird (using Worship [Storm Tribe]). Could a Sairdite Ernaldan call on Orlanth's aid using her Worship [Storm Tribe]? (Or don't Sairdites worship the Storm Tribe anymore?) Would she suffer some difficulty because she was trying to call on the King of the Winds and not the Great Bear? Sorry if these are weird questions, but how different does a "pantheon" have to be to count as a separate Worship [pantheon] skill? I have less trouble with variations in cult practice -- Ernalda is Ernalda, after all, but the pantheons seem a lot more fluid and culture-derived.

Peter Larsen