Re: Community worship

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:49:52 +1200

Peter Larsen wrote:
> So what is the difference between, say, Initiate [Ernalda] and
> Worship
>[Storm Tribe]?

Initiate represents the relationship with the God. Worship [Storm Tribe] is a measure of your relationship with the Pantheon.

>Could a Sairdite Ernaldan call on
>Orlanth's aid using her Worship [Storm Tribe]?

It might be religiously acceptable but socially unacceptable as a Sartarite who called upon Maran Gor, an Elmali who called upon Valind or any Orlanthi who called upon Eurmal. Most people would try and call upon a more acceptable deity first.

>Sorry if
>these are weird questions, but how different does a "pantheon" have to be
>to count as a separate Worship [pantheon] skill?

The best-known dividing line is between the Heortlings and the Esrolians. I think the critical question is who you accept as your Great Gods. The Esrolians deny Orlanth this role, while other Orlanthi are trying to rid themselves of Orlanth's shadow with help from the Lunars.

--Peter Metcalfe