Innstafars = cabers

From: Lemens, Chris <CLemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:44:19 -0400

>>2-Orlanthis are not viking (no travels by sea), so how to use these
>>pillars as did it the Vikings in the case of an exile for example ?

>Wait for a really big storm and chuck them in the air ;-)

Kyer-tossing. No, wait, that's not it, though it might be amusing, too. I mean caber-tossing. (You know: that alleged "sport" played by those drunk red-haired barbarians in skirts. Like my father-in-law. See http://www.rootgrafix.com/haggis/scotlog.htm.)

Glorantha content: You must move the stead. Find a nice hill. The Innstafars are smaller than caber logs, so you pick your strongest clan member and have him start at the top of the hill, circling outward and downhill in a spiral until he has to toss the thing from exhaustion. If it sticks, that's where your stead is. In not, your next strongest member picks it up, and so on. If any of them stumble backwards, it's bad juju and you have to find a new hill.

Sources: just made it up.

Chris Lemens