Re: Becoming a Chaos creature

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:35:39 -0000

Anything is possible. I'd put it down to a folk legend myself. But, the canibal might turn into a ghoul upon death. (I'm reminded of the Wendigo legends of the Algonquin and Cree indians)

But Glorantha is strange place -- they might change over and become chaotic.

> If that's the case, I suppose it affects only humans, because Uz,
> Dwarfs or Aldryami don't seem to suffer from this kind of
> transformation ... (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
> Could someone please tell me more about this ?

Ogres are a predator particular to humans.

> Can this be generalized ? Will a regular rapist slowly become a Broo
?

Um, no. But they probably WILL become outlaws and, in Orlanthi society, Gagarthi. Remember, in the Storm Age, the Storm Gods themselves were a rather brutal lot.

> (hear Thed murmuring in his ear or something like that, in parallel
> Urain talking to excessively violent persons).

Probably not. Turning into a Broo requires a bit more assocation with chaos. Such visible and dire consequences would be common folklore and a known deterring to being nasty.

> If it is possible, how come warbands or lunar troops are not
affected
> ? Can a Wyter or Vexilla protect its members from this kind of
> consequences ?

I suspect that these sorts of consequences don't happen. Being hunted down by annoyed Babeester Gor worshipppers and the like does happen...

A wyter or vexilla will protect against sendings or agents of reprisal IF its suposed to protect. An Orlanthi wyter will not protect against wind-fists, for example. Afterall, a bad Orlanthi in the wyter is probably bad for everyone in that community... Gagarthi wyter, on the other hand, would protect as best it could against the consequences of its band's actions.

Jeff