Re: [hw-rules] Re: Geas-breaker

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:18:47 +0100

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:15:43 +0100, Bruce wrote:

>There's another really good one in GURPS Celtic Myth, with tips for the GM on
>how to foreshadow/scare players into thinking their geasa are about to come
>home to roost.

There is a significant difference between the reaction to gaeses in Glorantha and in the Cuchulain (sp?) myths. A Gloranthan goes to all this effort to avoid breaking a gaes. One of these Irish types, you tell him that he is fates to die neither on land nor on water and he'll hang about near every ford he comes to, because otherwise people will think he's a poof.

Is Carl Hiaassen shaking his head and saying "If I'd have written this, no-one would have beleived it?"