Re: Months ?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 12:23:08 -0700

>> Whoops, you're right. A couple *dozen* months.

>By the way:
>A week is 7 days. A season is 8 weeks.
>What is a MONTH in Glorantha?

I admit that I was using "month" in a terrestial sense (twelve calander months in a year - "a couple dozen months" = "around two years or so") rather than a Gloranthan or Lunar month sense.

A Gloranthan "month" could be a measure of time similar to the English "fortnight" ("fourteen nights"/two weeks/half a month) meaning "4 weeks/half a season". Obviously it's in use in the Lunar Empire, as you can almost hear the Lunar High Command (whom we all know use upper-class British accents) planning their campaign "a fortnight hence" :-).

As to the meaning of the word, itself, it need not be derived from "moon" in Glorantha - there are a lot of words used to describe Glorantha that we use simply for convenience instead of making up a new language.

RR