Re: just cannibalism

From: e-g_at_...
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 14:23:37 GMT

plarsen_at_... writes:

>The Morocanth are a more interesting question. For them, cannibalism would be
>eating other Praxian Beast Riders, and it is something that depraved Morocanth
>might do in secret. I doubt they'd become Ogres, but they sure could call chaos
>down on their tribe for their sins. I bet there's also some ugly (although not
>necessarily chaotic) spirits that punish/feed on that kind of behavior, too.
>Prax, with its harsh conditions, is a place where you neighbors look "finger
>licking good" more often than is good for anyone.

Presumably cannibalism for *any* Praxian would be a breach of Waha's Compromise: people eat animals, animals eat plants. People who eat people are breaking that rule, and might find that they can no longer eat animal flesh, or that their beasts can no longer eat the chaparral vegetation and so starve to death.

As a side issue, remember that Praxians have access to magic that can turn a person into an animal, and therefore a suitable meal...

Stephen