Re: Getting rid of chaos taints

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 00:10:09 -0000

> That was the horrible thing, if you were tainted, you were
ostracised, hunted, chased, people trying to kill you if you venture out in public without any hope of returning back to the way you were.

YOu're still hunted, no fear there. But there's at least some options other than going on a doomed deathride into one's enemies.

> That is what made Broos and Scorpionmen so dangerous. That is why
the chaos cults are so hated and one of the reasons they organise themselves.

Possibly. But, for me, its because they are unpredictable and they are Not Like Us. As well as being ravening horrors from beyond sanity and so forth.

> I thought Chalana Arroy began the Lightbringers Quest because she
couldn't cure chaos.

I thought it was that she couldn't cure DEATH. That's why she went, if I recall correctly.... I could be wrong though.

> Suddenly it turns out that one of the Ernaldan subcults has the
secret of Heal Chaos (or similar). It just doesn't seem right to me.  I'm don't think my Glorantha is going to be like that.

YGMV. However, I'd point out the sheer difficulty of finding a person of a) an obscure subcult of Ernalda who has the secret and b) surviving the process. It gives some hope for those who are without it.

If you want a game without hope, I'd play Wharfhamster... =)