Re: Getting rid of chaos taints

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 20:01:09 -0700

> > Suddenly it turns out that one of the Ernaldan subcults has the secret
> > of Heal Chaos (or similar). It just doesn't seem right to me. I'm
> > don't think my Glorantha is going to be like that.

Well, Belveren the Chaos Cleanser's Purge Chaos Ritual is the secret of her cult (necesary to have all three affinities at 1w2 or better), so it's not exactly a "widely available" ability. Plus, it can fail with disasterous effects (the chaos relocates *someplace* else - and you might not know exactly where!Finally, it won't work against a "naturally chaotic" being. As aritual, the narrator (you) is free to make up all sorts of necessary (and rare/difficult to obtain) items & actions to restrict the efficacy if you don't like it much...

RR