Recommendations

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 08:39:31 -0000

> War, I suspect, raises the "background noise" -- an atrocity would
have to
> really stand out to attract the appropriate chaotic forces. On the
other hand,
> the end of "Apocalypse Now" would make a fine climax to a campaign
where a group
> of Lunar agents went into darkest Sartar to find that the Lunar
military
> governer has gotten, perhaps, too enthusiastic.... Perhaps war is a
chaotic
> action in some sense; the catastrophies of the Hero Wars could be
attributed to
> the large scale collapse of order -- physical, cultural, moral, and
so on.

Just a couple of recommendations:

for a really Apocalypse Now scenario (without depressing thoughts) use "Hut of Darkness" by MOB, published in ToTRM # 10 (maybe?). My players liked it very much (even if they didn't get the cinema quotations, which is good to me).

For a really chaos taint taste, read "Cults of Terror" (I have the RQ3 version). Sandy Petersen stated that it represents the border between Glorantha and CthulhuWorld, so I (and my players) like it very much.

Ciao,
Gian