Re: Re: Becoming a Chaos creature

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 22:28:50 +1200

Philippe:

>Well, then there are other points I do not understand well : Chaos was
>for me mainly defined through the Chaos Gods. But surely, it is more
>than just that ?

>[...]

>But what about a Malkioni ? Natural order reflecting on the sinner ?
>(break the cosmic Laws, and suffer the logical consequences ?)

Chaos is the ultimate conclusion of the Great Error, the virtues turned inside out to become great evils. There is some loopy God Learner theory expounding on this but the faithful need pay no attention to it.

>So I suppose that Chaos may be an absolute, and the alleged risk of
>transformation also. But is it something which can be observed with
>the four types of magic as anything else or does it transcend this ?

The different magic systems (and pantheons) do have different concepts of bad and most include chaos in their definition of bad. The sole exception (so far), the Lunars, do recognize the same chaos as everybody else but disagree as to whether it is necessarily bad.

--Peter Metcalfe