Re: Becoming a Chaos creature

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:26:25 -0000

> Well, then there are other points I do not understand well : Chaos
was
> for me mainly defined through the Chaos Gods. But surely, it is more
> than just that ?
>
> As was said, Thed 'is' Rape (and Urain is mindless violence,
Cacodemon
> is anarchy...). But I suppose that's true only from a theistic POV ?
> can envision without much problems thed-like spirits infesting
animist
> doing nasty things, because that's their very nature and so we have
> the same sort of cosmic consequences for amoral acts...

I am sure that there are analogs for them in the other world-views. I agree that there are spirits that encourage these things too. And, of course, 'god' may not be quite the right term for those of Chaos. I suspect they might have features of all the various god/spirit/essences -- and lack others.

> But what about a Malkioni ? Natural order reflecting on the sinner ?
> (break the cosmic Laws, and suffer the logical consequences ?)

Quite possibly. Or you degenerate from your current state into something foul. Something like this befell the impure creatures of the much bewailed Kingdom of Logic...

> So I suppose that Chaos may be an absolute, and the alleged risk of
> transformation also. But is it something which can be observed with
> the four types of magic as anything else or does it transcend this ?

Oh absolutely. =)

I think Chaos is something that just doesn't fit in -- its at the extreme end of a spectrum that starts with social dysfunction and ends with folks turning into gorp. But I'm probably being too facetious.

Jeff