Re: Loskalmi Occupational Keywords

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:45:03 -0000

Sorry for taking so long to reply; e-groups failed to mail me any of the relevant messages - it was only when I saw recent replies to this thread I realised it existed :-(

> Given that a man starts as a farmer, and if he can, progresses
through
> Soldier, Knight Wizard and Noble, should he accumulate occupational
> keywords?
> If I am creating a wizard, should I also have farmer and
Soldier/Knight
> keywords?

   Short answer: Yes.
   Longer answer: Many of the knight, wizard and noble keywords are very similar to those of lower class. Thus, you may be a fishmerman as a member of the Farmer class, then a sailor when you become a soldier, and eventually an admiral when you join the nobility. So there are clear routes through the classes (which, as a hero, you can ignore if you want), and you may retain links to your former professions, even though, theoretically you're doing a new job and have an Advanced Occupation keyword to reflect it (all knight, wizard and noble keywords are Advanced).

Trotsky