RE: Loskalmi Occupational Keywords

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:10:50 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Gareth Martin wrote:

> > They are not good pious Loskalmi, and the Hrestoli Idealist path of
> > meritocratic self-improvement does not therefore include any "atheist
> > sorcery" options.
>
> Err - how can there be ANY atheists in Glorantha?

Atheist in a meaning slightly different from our modern use of the word. Even the Zzaburi know of something they occasionally call GOD, but they believe it to be an impersonal force. A way to sum up the natural laws and relations of the universe in one word.

The Zzaburi know of the "god's" worshipped by pagans, but don't see any reason to call these strong essense manifestations gods, or worship them.

The Mostali are atheists too. In times gone by they may have worshipped (in a way) several beings; Mostal, Stone, the Maker..

But the clay mostali that are left have a rational and mechanistic worldview, and mostly think of the above entities as just concepts that explain the natural workings of the world. The clay mostali tend to be in awe of true Mostali, but they don't usually know how to worship them.

Just my clumsy attempts at explanation, (and english seems difficult this morning)

        -Adept