RE: Re: atheists in Glorantha

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:06:32 +0100

> > Then refer to the posts that other people have provided about
> > the definitions of atheism (particularly strong atheism "there
> > is no god" and weak atheism "I do not worship god(s)").
>
> A good point. And an agnostic believes that 'you don't know if there
> is or is not a god' with varying levels of apathy/concern/militancy.

This appears to be root of the confusion. I thought: Strong atheism: I believe there is/are no god(s) Weak atheism: I have no belief about god(s) Agnosticism: I am not able to determine information about god(s), should any exist
Apathetic: I believe gods exist but I do not act on this belief

I'm also not sure I understand in what way "atheism" is meant to be "slightly sinister" either.