Re: Re: atheists in Glorantha

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:50:59 -0400

Gareth Martin wrote:

> > Mmm, I think there are a few Gloranthan atheists (and I think the
> > Brithini are among them) who deny the Invisible God. After all,
> > there's not really any proof he exists. It could all be the working
> > of deluded (or corrupt) sorcerers or the powerful Otherworld beings
> > known as saints.
>
> I understood, from other conversationms, was that the whole point
> about
> their viewpoint was that it
> could be proved?

If you are a Malkioni, yes. The existance of the Invisible God is proved by Solace and by Malkion's works in the West -- hence the name.

if you are a Brithini or (worse) a Zzaburi, Malkion was a deluded fool who led many people into forsaking the Right Ways into an early and _permanent_ death.

The Brithini and Zzaburi don't believe in an afterlife, either.

Jeff