Re: atheists in Glorantha

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:37:59 -0000

If we're going to be debating the existence of faith, then I susppect that the topic should go to the Gloranthan digest. Its stopped having little to do with running a Hero Wars game.

Brithini, Malkioni and the rest are SORCERERS. Its a totally different mind and magic set. Check into HW:RiG for details on the differences between Animism, Theism, Mysticism and Sorcery.

> > The Brithini and Zzaburi don't believe in an afterlife, either.
>
> Hmm. Why not? do they not recognise the existance of the hero
planes?

They do not regard them as valid/useful. As has been noted elsewhere, Brithini's (and Zzaburi) souls dissapate after death. Perhaps perusing the writeups on them on the Issaries Website might enlighten you. I also think that there was some extensive material on them and their philosophy in Glorantha: Introduction to the Hero Wars (and some in the Gernertela package from Avalon Hill but that is old information).

Hope this information helps

Jeff