Re: Getting Vinga on that Elmal quest

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:46:51 -0000

Actually, that wasn't much of a problem, I'm writing up a general 'Elmal gets the Horse' HQ, which can be used for anything equine. Currently we have a living, 2000-year-old skeletal horse (don't ask) that we want to put flesh on, and the Vingan who wants a pegasus. Both fit nicely into the Elmal writeup on the HW website, so would gaining a horse follower, gaining horse knowledge for self or clan, etc.

> * Does she have any friends who are Elmali who might ask her along
> help? Or does she owe favours to any Elmali?

That's a small problem, we have only one, unplayed, Elmal cultist written up... I plan on a rather strange parallel HQ, with up to 4 different heroes all performing the same HQ, for different end results. With luck & judicious cheating I should get it to work...

> Given that Vinga and Elmal both stayed behind when Orlanth went on
> the Lightbringer's Quest, there *must* be myths about them having
> adventures together. We just don't know them yet. :)

Yes, I was going to wait until I saw ST anyway (still due in March, according to one page on the website...). The possibility of finding one in the middle world would have simplified things.

> Maybe they were both trying to track down enemies of the Storm
Tribe
> in the Darkness when they encountered Hippogriff

The Elmal cult on the website give the perfect opportunity to encounter a battered & torn Hippogriff, all you need is to restore his wings.

Wulf