Re: Getting Vinga on that Elmal quest

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:54:33 -0000

*hoping I'm not breaking any great confidences here* I was one of the co-winners of the complete the Elmal cult contest. The combination of the different contributions resulted in some discrepencies, and I wrote in a while ago with suggestions for fixing those. I received a reply letting me know that due to the emergence of new knowledge, the evolution of sub-cults, and so on, that the Elmal cult would not be appearing exactly as presented on the Issaries web page. I think the modifications included some changes to the background myths to better fit in the sub-cults, etc.

Which is not to say you can't base a heroquest on it, but be warned that when Storm Tribe comes out you may suddenly find that the quest was non-canonical. Or not. I don't know how the myths ended up. Still, I'd think waiting a bit for Storm Tribe might be worthwile.

Another note for your Vingan. Anaxial's roster refers to methods for obtaining either a hippogrif or a skybull (impressing hippogrif's at their hatching, or performing a particular heroquest starting at skywalk mountain for the skybulls). These both sound to me like more likely methods of obtaining a flying steed than twisting around the Elmali quest.

Mind you, the proposed quest sounds perfect for getting flesh back on the skeleton horse!

--Bryan