Re: Getting Vinga on that Elmal quest

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:01:08 -0000

I'll be waiting anyway, but Elmal got hold of Horse SOMEHOW, and it's pretty certain it's tied up with Hippogriff, so it can't be THAT far off the bit on the competition writeup.

> Another note for your Vingan. Anaxial's roster refers to methods
for
> obtaining either a hippogrif or a skybull (impressing hippogrif's
at
> their hatching, or performing a particular heroquest starting at
> skywalk mountain for the skybulls). These both sound to me like
more
> likely methods of obtaining a flying steed than twisting around the
> Elmali quest.

She's not having a hippogriff, a pegasus is dangerous enough... I like the quest anyway, even if it's based on a 'variant myth'. We're talking about a Vingan here, she can't even decide if her goddess is divine or mortal in origin...

> Mind you, the proposed quest sounds perfect for getting flesh back
on
> the skeleton horse!

Yup.

Wulf