Runegate Questions

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:27:15 -0400

Hello all,

A search of my various available sources has failed to dig up sufficient information on the Runegate Triarchy, also occasionally referred to as the 'Hyaloring' Triarchy. These are the three clans (Enhyli, Narri and the long-defunct Lonisi) which warred upon the Varmandi and Hiording clans in the Taral War. At some point after Taral, the Enhyli and Narri joined the Colymar tribe.

Little else is known other than the general location of their tulas (see Ian Cooper's reply from Sunday, April 8th to Simon Bray's "Colymar Questions"), that the Enhyli are Elmali, and that the Enhyli have good relations with the Grey Dog clan of the Lismelder. Are any further details available, canonical or no?

Information on the Taral War would be especially appreciated, as it is central to my initial HERO WARS campaign plans. While several people from my play-group are listmembers, I think I can trust them not to act out-of-character on any knowledge they gain from discussion here.

Finally, on which clan's tula does Runegate (the town and the fort) actually sit? I suspect that it is the Lonisi, and later the Taraling, but cannot say for certain.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and