RE: Re: atheists in Glorantha

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:50:04 +0100

David Dunham wrote:

> This sorcerer has no gods to protect him, yet nothing happens to him
> ... Thus, the sorcerer is vaguely sinister, as I believe Nick said.

I talked about atheist sorcerers being "scary" (or, at least, more scary than "apathetic sorcerers" -- hard to be less scary, IMO).

Peter said the term "atheist Brithini sorcerer" had "sinister overtones" (which it does, to anyone remotely versed in Gloranthan lore).

Meanwhile, Gareth thought that somebody had said that atheists (in general? in the Real World?) are "slightly sinister", although for his part he doesn't think they're any different to anyone else in Glorantha. And I say, Good Luck to him!

:::: Email: <mailto:nick_at_...>
Nick
:::: Website: <http://www.etyries.com>