Re: Re: atheists and Orlanthi worldvies

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:02:02 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 simonh_at_... wrote:

> It's just that Malkioni beliefs are so alien. Their religion
> can't be explained in theist Orlanthi terms the way that Lunar
> religion can and this shows up a weakness in the orlanthi world view.
> If we can't understand them, then out world view can't be complete.
> It's disturbing.

I don't agree. Our world view is complete. If we can't understand them it is because they are wrong/mad/chaos and therefore must be pitied/converted/killed. Depending on how good a mood we are in.

Orlanthi have a complete world view since they have a 'horribly evil things that cannot be allowed to exist' category. That may be uncomfortably large from other people's perspective, but it does work for the Orlanthi.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net