Re: Atrocity and such

From: Weihe, David <weihe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:59:20 -0400

> To have a NPC doing this kind of things, being hunted, banned. Then a
> few months later the heroes'd have broo problems and discover
> that the
> broo band hurting their clan has this strange broo for a leader, the
> one with features reminding them of someone and who seems to know all
> the secret ways in the tula.

This is quite possible. What's worse, he may look almost exactly like he did before, but still be a broo. If the Glorantha Digest ever gets it searchability back, look up Argin Terror, Sorceror King of Tinaros, in Safelster. His father became a broo and came back home (looking normal due to illusions) and inseminated his mother. Apparently neither Little Argin nor his sister had any visible features of broohood.

I think that the process would take several years, not months, though. Certainly long enough so that no one would remember him right away, until he showed up in a Summons of Evil ceremony and said, "Hi, Pops! Missed me?"

This is why the rapist NPC would normally be bound and turned over to the Uroxi rather than just outlawed. You don't ever want to risk his getting away and returning with some "friends", even if he "only" becomes Uraini.