Re: Heortling Prayer (was atheists in Glorantha)

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:28:36 -0700

John has some good stuff about Heortling prayer, but

> Getting back to David's example, the Heortling ethos wouldn't expect the God
> to bolt the sorcerer down - Orlanth expects every man to do his duty, and
> you carry a sword don't you?

Once again, transgressions against the divinity are punished by the divinity. Thunder Rebels, p. 80-86.

I'll grant you that agents of reprisal typically act against betrayers, and the sorcerer hardly betrayed his promises to his god. But I don't think these daimones are so specialized that they can only act against a worshipper.

If Heortlings thought that societal pressure or individual action were enough, there wouldn't be agents of reprisal.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>