RE: Happy Easter

From: plarsen_at_...
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:05:34 -0500 (CDT)

Nick Brooke (and others) says:

> Christmas in our world is *roughly* the Midwinter Solstice, which falls
> on
> Fireday of Illusion Week of Dark Season (per Thunder Rebels). If you
> insist,
> you could add three or four days to this (*) to get to somewhere early
> in
> Truth Week in Dark Season for Christmas Day; our New Year follows a week
> or
> so after, at the start of the Gloranthan Storm Season. Still nowhere
> near
> Sacred Time. As other posters have pointed out, Sacred Time is the
> run-up to
> the Spring Equinox.

But as a celebration, as opposed to a time of year, the Sacred Time is probably closest (in the West) to the Christmas--New Year's week. Lots of parties, church services, decorations, odd pagents, gift giving, drinking, feasting, not much non-essential work getting done. No doubt in the future Gloranthans will bemoan the commericalization of Sacred Time, the TV stations will run "It's a Wonderful Quest" twice a day for the whole of Storm Season, and people will notice that the stores are putting up Sacred decorations as early as Ohorlanth's Day. It's really too aweful to consider....

Peter Larsen