Re: A qestion of honor

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:56:02 -0500

At 06:31 PM 4/16/01 +0100, you wrote:
>If a beserking warrior kills a member of his kin or party suring one such
action is he :-

        Haven't we just answered this question? I don't think being berserk ever gets you "off." Kinslaying is kinslaying, and that's a Bad Thing, no matter what the circumstances. Previous posts should give you a pretty good idea of the likely effects (Outlawry and Doom for the killer, trouble including chaos for the clan).

>A : Dishonrable

        It's not really a question of honor; kinslaying is much more basic than that.

>B : Liable for punishment , ie gulity of murder ?

        Who's going to punish the killer?

>C: Liable for blood debt.

        Kinslaying is not covered by the law; it can neither be revenged nor repayed. Only mourned, for the dead and the outlawed.

Peter Larsen