Re: Gloranthan Easter?

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:40:10 -0000

Gareth Martin wrote:
>>  I'm not going to take this one any further, since this
>> particular cross-exam of Gloranthan and real-world religions
>> is already Off-Topic, IMHO...

> Well, I think that if Glorantha is going to use terms which exist
> in the real world in a specific way, questions should not come as
> a surprise. It is clear we cannot simply translate RW terms like
> monotheism or whatever into Glorantha without modification.

What on earth does this have to do with the discussion thread you responded to?

"This particular cross-exam" was about whether the Gloranthan Sacred Time is more similar to Christmas or Easter, not about "translat[ing] RW terms like monotheism or whatever into Glorantha".

I appreciate you're annoyed that "atheists" has been adopted with a particular meaning you didn't originally understand (in order to fit into a world of blatant divine manifestations), but can you please confine your annoyance to relevant discussion threads?

Or you will find your posts being moderated.

Cheers, Nick
HeroWars Moderator