RE: Re: Gloranthan Easter?

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:56:06 +0100

> > Well, I think that if Glorantha is going to use terms which exist
> > in the real world in a specific way, questions should not come as
> > a surprise. It is clear we cannot simply translate RW terms like
> > monotheism or whatever into Glorantha without modification.
>
> What on earth does this have to do with the discussion thread you
> responded to?

GypsyComet said they wanted to stop the thread because it was OT. But seeing as it is describing and providing analogies from the RW which, at least to me, are applicable and informative, I feel that this perception of it being OT is wrong - it is useful and helpful. And also we should expect questions to be asked based on comparisons with the RW, as these are the data points with which we are familiar.

> "This particular cross-exam" was about whether the Gloranthan Sacred
> Time is more similar to Christmas or Easter, not about "translat[ing]
> RW terms like monotheism or whatever into Glorantha".

EXACTLY. Thus it helped me understand what is going on in Glorantha, and is NOT off topic.

> I appreciate you're annoyed that "atheists" has been adopted with a
> particular meaning you didn't originally understand (in order to fit
> into a world of blatant divine manifestations), but can you please
> confine your annoyance to relevant discussion threads?

Huh? Am am not and was not annoyed about it at all. This is something you have imagined, I am afraid.

> Or you will find your posts being moderated.

I would appreciate it if you would quit attributing non-existant motivations to my posts.